Monday 4 January 2016

A Look Back ....

I was quite productive in 2015, just not so much as in previous years!  The first part of the year saw me working hard to fulfil deadlines for my City & Guilds course, which I passed in February.  This was the culmination of years of hard work, sampling and designing along the way ...



I feel as if I now have a good, solid background to work from.  I've enjoyed taking time out since February to re-charge and evaluate where I want to go next.


My final project was this mohair jacket based on Autumn Leaf falls.  I feel so much more confident now in my ability to follow a design through from start to finish.  

Things weren't quiet on the sewing front either ...


I completed my first menswear item in a beautifully soft Yorkshire wool fabric with a satin back.



This Colette Aster is complete now - just need to get some decent photos when the weather improves a bit.  I also sewed a silk robe ...

I want to sew more this year and have a look round the Independent Pattern Companies.  What are your plans?  Would love to hear from my neglected sewing pals! 


4 comments:

  1. So happy you have had such a good year.. And finished your course. A wonderful accomplishment.
    Great job on the men's vest.. Looks difficult..
    I too, hope to sew more this year.. 2015 did not produce a lot of sewing.Lots of other things [house selling and remodeling an old house.whew!!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what it's like moving Judy - hope you're settled now. Look forward to seeing what you sew in 2016!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on finishing your course! Your knitting is really amazing. I love the waistcoat too.
    Happy new year to you.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...